BRAYN is looking for a new BRAYNiac in the greater Los Angeles area! Interested in joining our dynamic team?
BRAYN Consulting LLC is a consulting firm that supports CPA firms and their clients in taking full advantage of specialty tax credits and incentives. We are currently a small firm, but growing at a fast pace and we need high quality talent. We serve primarily closely-held, mid-sized companies that allows our partners and staff to experience a penumbra of issues, challenges and opportunities than those afforded by Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firm.
BRAYN will be the pre-eminent specialty tax incentives firm by harnessing technology, emotional intelligence, and experience to optimize value for clients and BRAYNiacs alike.
Job Title: Tax Credit Staff
Summary: Tax Credit Staff will assist project managers and partners with limited supervision in completing tax incentive studies for a variety of clients primarily in Southern California and Western United States.
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
(Potential opportunities available in other cities in California & Texas)
- Complete studies for the R&D tax credit, as well as other specialty incentives as needed
- Obtain and analyze client data using Excel models,
- Write detailed reports and narratives,
- Research, understand, and analyze many internal revenue codes, treasury regulations, tax court cases, and other cases
- Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
- Perform site visits for clients in Southern California, or as needed around the country
- Interview clients in-person, over the phone, and via e-mail
- Work remotely from home office, but must visit Santa Clarita about once a week for training, planning, and other work purposes
- Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience with R&D tax credit projects in quantification and documentation required
- Previous work experience at Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firm required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law or related field required
- Candidate who is pursuing a CPA license preferred
- Some travel required (weekly visit to Santa Clarita and client site visits, about 10-15% of work time traveling)
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
- Strong client interaction skills
- Self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a good sense of humor
- Must have reliable transportation and secure work location
- Huge room for growth and advancement
- Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, 199D Deduction, 179D Deduction, Cost Segregation, and more
- Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
- Work from home, flexible schedule
- 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available
- Permissive bonuses
- Salary commiserate with experience
Interested? Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com