BRAYN is looking for a new BRAYNiac on the West Coast! Interested in joining our dynamic team?
BRAYN Consulting LLC is a consulting firm that supports CPA firms and their clients in taking full advantage of specialty tax credits and incentives. We are currently a small firm, but growing at a fast pace and we need high quality talent. We primarily serve closely-held, mid-sized companies. This allows our partners and staff to experience a penumbra of issues, challenges and opportunities different than those afforded by Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firms.
BRAYN will be the pre-eminent specialty tax incentives firm by harnessing technology, emotional intelligence, and experience to optimize value for clients and BRAYNiacs alike.
Job Title: Tax Credit Manager
Summary: Tax Credit Manager will manage staff and work under partners with limited supervision in completing tax incentive studies, particularly the R&D tax credit, for a variety of clients primarily in Southern California and the Western United States.
Location: Virtual Position
Preference will be given to applicants on the West Coast, particularly in the following cities:
- Los Angeles, CA or greater metropolitan area
- Orange County, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Portland, OR
- Vancouver, WA
- Seattle, WA
- Complete studies for the R&D tax credit, as well as other specialty incentives as needed
- Obtain and analyze client data using Excel models
- Write detailed reports and narratives
- Research, understand, and analyze many internal revenue codes, treasury regulations, tax court cases, and other cases
- Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
- Interview clients in-person, over the phone, and via e-mail
- Work remotely from home office, but travel throughout country to perform site visits, attend conferences, or meet with fellow staff
- Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of experience with R&D tax credit projects in quantification and documentation required
- Previous experience managing staff required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Candidate who is pursuing or maintains a CPA license or related certification preferred
- Previous experience working remotely a plus
- Some travel required (up to 30% of work time traveling)
- Time management and attention to detail critical to job performance
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
- Strong client interaction skills
- Self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a good sense of humor
- Must have secure work location
- Huge room for growth and advancement
- Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, Cost Segregation, and other service lines
- Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
- Work from home, flexible schedule
- 401K, Medical, and Dental Insurance available
- Permissive bonuses
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: